Servo Motor Control Lab

Servo Motor Control Lab

I decided to make a blog post about the p comp labs this week and experiment with documentation. I welcome all comments about the lab and how it was documented!

This week we had to control a servomotor’s position based on the analog value of a flex sensor. First, I tested my flex sensor to get an accurate range of values. I was surprised when the range was only 116 to 364. I’m not sure if it was a cheap sensor or I’m just bad at flexing. Maybe a little bit of both. After that, I found it fairly straightforward to get the Arduino to output an analog output to the servomotor based off the flex sensor. However, the flex sensor often popped out of the board if you flexed it too hard. And for your entertainment, a short video documenting my process! (Sorry for the poor video quality – still learning how to use the camera)